The inaugural Challenge Dubai attracted nearly 850 athletes from 45 countries, among them Olivier Godart for another start as a professional athlete.
Olivier managed to perform steadily in all 3 disciplines despite difficult weather conditions with strong winds and tall waves. He placed himself on 43rd rank overall after a very strong run in 1h18min!
Well done for this great performance in a world-class field!
The men’s final results were shuffled after five athletes were penalized for unintentionally not following the course.
1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike, 13.1-mile run
1. Terenzo Bozzone (NZL) 3:45:45
2. Tim Reed (AUS) 3:46:35
3. Michael Raelert (GER) 3:46:49
4. Bart Aernouts (BEL) 3:47:13
5. Martin Jensen (DEN) 3:47:19
1. Daniela Ryf (SUI) 4:05:01
2. Heather Wurtele (CAN) 4:09:21
3. Helle Frederiksen (DEN) 4:11:43
4. Jodie Swallow (GBR) 4:13:35
5. Annabel Luxford (AUS) 4:15:55